Friday, July 21, 2017

The day after......

Yesterday was a typical day after finishing something.  Making the decision what to work on next......so I took stacks of fabrics off my shelves and re-stacked, top fabric now becomes the bottom fabric, etc.  I neatened up 7 stacks and had a lot of fun going through it.

These geraniums are the ones I pull out of the pots at the end of the season and are put in a cardboard box in my heated garage (about 55 degrees).  In the late spring I take them out of the box and stick the roots in a pail of water for about a week.  I forgot about this group for about 3 weeks and then I went through them and threw out the dead ones and planted the rest.  I have them sitting out by my tomato plants.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks pretty happy to me. Bet you got a lot of inspiration restacking.

patty a. said...

The geraniums look good! Your post is making me think about what I am going to do after I get the R.E.M. quilt done. That project is all-consuming right now and has been for several months. I am going to think about what I want to do next now. I am sure you will come up with a project quickly!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never had a geranium grow well for me - I will plant directly in the ground or in a pot - doesn't matter it just never grows and stays tiny - I have tried again this year and they are tiny little things - I always love seeing other people plants though! I just have rotten luck with some :)

joan said...

Great idea for the geraniums! Despite trimming them back, mine always end up looking so weak and leggy indoors by the end of the winter and they take most of the summer to recover. Is your garage dark? Mine stays around 50, but it has large south facing windows. Unfortunately, even with the windows, our winter sunlight is not sufficient to sustain them. Maybe a dark, cool resting spot is what they need!

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Your gardens are as beautiful as your quilts.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I'm sure you've told about the geraniums before but I must not have seen it. I did not know that could be done. Mine usually give up in the heat and die. I guess I need to find a place indoors for them. Where, I have no clue!